Welcome to The Sports Foundation
THE SPORTS FOUNDATION (TSF) is in the process of seeking registration as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO).
TSF operates from the sports premises known as The Sports Village (located in Rose Hill Park, Sutton, SM1 3HH). The proposed Charity has responsibility for the premises and for community and sports development projects.
The object of THE SPORTS FOUNDATION is :-
To promote for the benefit of the inhabitants of the London Borough of Sutton and the London Borough of Merton and the surrounding area the provision of sports facilities and other leisure time occupation for individuals who have need of such facilities by reason of their youth, age, infirmity or disablement, financial hardship, or social and economic circumstances, or for the public at large in the interests of social welfare and with the object of improving the condition of life of the said inhabitants.
The sports premise known as The Sports Village was originally conceived as a low-cost junior tennis centre aimed primarily at young people in the surrounding area and operated as a joint venture with The London Borough of Sutton. It was funded in part by a Lottery Grant and a grant from the LTA. It has since evolved and now offers a range of various sports and recreational activities for the benefit of the local community; young and old, able-bodied and disabled and disadvantaged.
Existing charitable projects at The Sports Village include :-
- Sports Disability, including wheelchair sport and people with a range of learning difficulties, both physical and mental.
- Home Education, where hundreds of children being home-educated have limited access to sports provision. A proportion of these children have learning difficulties.
- Evergreens Programme, identifying people over 50 who have limited opportunities for sporting activities and meeting people.
- Holiday Programmes, providing sports opportunities and activities for young people and the basis for encouraging a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Schools’ Programmes, working with a number of local schools to provide sports activities and coaching that the schools’ resources and facilities cannot deliver.
THE SPORTS FOUNDATION, in conjunction with The Sports Village, will offer access to all these activities, for which the public benefit will include awareness of the importance of activity and diet in addressing the growing social and health problem of childhood and adult obesity.
Future directions will involve further close associations with sports and other organisations concerned with the welfare and development of young people, and other sectors of the community working with disadvantaged people who may benefit from sports-related activity.
To contact THE SPORTS FOUNDATION, please E-mail: email@example.com
Address: THE SPORTS FOUNDATION, c/o The Sports Village, Rose Hill Park, Rose Hill, Sutton, SM1 3HH.
Tel: 020 8641 6611 (main switchboard) and ask for Mhari Neish